Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 1 month ago

Is this what happens to Computer Science graduates?

Maybe like 1 out of 5 of them get a job as a Software Engineer/Developer. 3 out of the 5 get middle class jobs such as business Analyst, Data Analyst, etc... The reason why those 3 out of 5 aren't Software Engineers/Developers is because it's a competitive field. Then the other 1 out of 5 people get a job that's not related closely to the major. Does that sound about right or am I wrong?

• Judy

Probably about accurate.

CS grads are little different from grads in other STEM professions. It is actually rare for a recent grad to actually work in the skill that they went to school to learn. Not unheard of, mind you, but rare.

I doubt your ratios, but I agree with your assessment that many if not most STEM grads, including CS, end up working outside of their degree skills.

Source(s): 50 years in the STEM workforce.

Or they could be an unemployed troll, like you.