Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Does it or does it NOT take extraordinary talent to be a top fashion model?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Talent? Not really. Extraordinary levels of ambition, drive and the ability to deal with non stop rejection? Yes. The ability to work hard and learn what's needed to become a success in one's chosen career and willing to work long hours for little glory in the beginning? Yes. Being a certain genotype with the correct physical traits granted by genetics? Yes. But talent? No. Having a symmetrical face and long lean body is genetics, not talent. Tuning that genetic look into a successful career is work. Anyone who is successful in anything works hard for success.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's easier these days. We have people like Kendall Jenner and Rihanna (someone who's copied women from 20+ years ago) put on a pedestal in said industry. 

• 1 month ago

no talented needed, you just need to look the part

• Wilma1 month agoReport

exactly

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It does not take any talent to do what you are told, when told to do it with no choice of your own

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I used to think, none. I never watch this stuff, but I saw an episode of one of those top model shows. Contestants were lambasted for not knowing where to look, not knowing how to pose, not knowing how to hold their arms, legs, et cetera, when she was short, or had short arms, or something. Then there was criticism of 'how can she go out of the house looking like that? She's a model, for gawdsake!' I guess there is some kind of innate talent involved.  If a person is smart, he or she will plan for what happens *after* the modeling career is over, as in most cases, that career is short.

• 1 month ago

No just weird bone structure 

• 1 month ago

It does. You should have good looks but maintain your body, discipline, good work ethic and fashion sense. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Takes no talent at all, just good looks.  Top fashion models are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

• 1 month ago

Gay men long to be one

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It does not.  But talent sure does help  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

not very much talent

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.