What kind of people dislike the Pledge of Allegiance?

Favorite Answer

Some are communists/ socialists , some are jealous foreigners and some just happen to be of the kind of people that hate Trump . 

• wombatfreaks
      4 weeks agoReport

The "Pledge" was written by a socialist, to try to spread his socialist  ideas to Americas children 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bellamy

THOSE THAT HATE THIS COUNTRY

• Zirp

What kind of people make CHILDREN who don't even understand the words make a pledge, every G-D day of the schoolweek?

Dictators and dystopianists, that's who.

REAL pledges are for ADULTS who mean what they say

• Ludwig

Foreigners, for starters.

• Traci

ILLEGALS!  ..................and a lot of commie dems!

• James

American ingrates and enemies of America 

I've met very few Americans who don't like it. I never questioned it before but I do understand why some don't think it is necessary for school kids to make a pledge everyday. Usually, pledges are made when you join a group. Repeating it everyday takes away from it's meaning, don't you think?

I guess all Democrats hate the pledge of allegiance because the pledge of allegiance says that the United States of America is a republic!

• wombatfreaks
      4 weeks agoReport

The "Pledge" was written by a socialist, to try to spread his socialist ideas to Americas children

I kind of dislike it.  I have nothing against the flag or the republic for which it stands, that's not the problem.

Any seven year old can recite the pledge of allegiance for you.  But ask him what it means and he shrugs his shoulders.  What's 'allegiance'?  [Shrug] "I dunno."  What's a republic? "It's a country, I think."

Reciting the pledge of allegiance every day doesn't make you a patriotic American any more than saying 'Vrum! Vrum!' makes you a car!

Personally I think patriotism, like sex, is something that should be discussed in the home.  Every parent should teach his kid what it means to be American, his own view of what patriotism is (because, of course, different people have different opinions of this!)  Like sex education or even religious education, schools have to do it because parents fail!

Also, the addition of the words 'under God' is a violation of the 'establishment clause' of the 1st Amendment.  Courts have decided this!  But they decided it was 'de minimus', i.e. so small a violation as to be tolerated.  But that's not my main objection.  My main objection is that reciting rote loyalty oaths doesn't make kids good citizens.

• James
      1 month agoReport

and show this often by pledging  allegiance to our flag which is actually pledging allegiance to our own individual selves , our family and a pledge to keep our nation worthy to be called a Godly country under his principles 

• Teva

My kind of people. 

Generally speaking, these types suffer from severe emotional problems, the kind that would once have them checked-in by moms or grams in a New York minute.

Today, however, we're told we must take them seriously. Can you believe it!?! lol