How many packs of cigarettes a day is safe?

I really like cigarettes. I smoke three or four packs a day, but I’m worried that this might not be brilliant for my health. How many packs can I smoke a day and be safe from getting cancer?

Favorite Answer

Up it to 6 packs a day. 4 is not nearly enough.

Smoking is not good for your health.

Cigarettes cause a variety of side effects like increased risk of stroke, cataracts, yellowing of eyes, tooth decay, bad breath, mouth and lung cancer.

Depends also on genetics. My Father smoked 2-3 packs per day and died at age 83 of unrelated causes. Same with his father. DON'T count on it though! Quit!

seriously? try ZERO

there are no cigarettes that are safe

• Ann

If you smoke that much, even if you don't get cancer, you will get emphysema.  The tar in tobacco clogs up people's lungs.  My sister-in-law was a four pack a day smoker.  She died from emphysema at 37.  It was a horrible way to die.  She literally choked to death.  Lung caner isn't too great, either.

Zero is safe.

The minimum length of an answer is 15 characters

There is no 'safe' level of smoking that has ever been established.

I am 75, and have NEVER smoked a single cigarette.  I have no cancer, oral disease, nor lung-related affliction.  

Smoke as many as you want, the more the better.  All that stuff about cigarettes being bad for your health is BS.