how to dispose of used insulin needles?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can get an insulin needle clipper like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Safe-Clip-Insulin-Syringe-N...

When the clipper is full you can go to any hospital/clinic and give it to them, they will dispose of it safely.

Source(s): I'm a RD
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get yourself a set of diagonal cutters and when you use your insulin needle clip the needle off of the syringe with your diagonal cutters and let the needle fall into the garbage can 10 toss the needle in the garbage can. That prevents anybody from finding it and using it for drug use or from sticking them self with it

• 1 month ago

a)  Star Shine has an excellent answer.

b)  Personally, I obtain a "sharps container" from my local council office here in Dandenong in Victoria, Australia.  When I have filled it up, I return it to the council for safe disposal and pick up a fresh container.  The pharmacy only has very small sharp containers that fill too quickly.

• 1 month ago

Ask your pharmacy or doctor's office for a sharps container (similar to the kind they use in the office) . They can usually provide them and then you return them when full for a new one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Medical stuff can be brought to a hospital for disposal and should not be put in the trash

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.