zap asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is Pat Mahomes the next Tom Brady?

I cant see how anyone can hate Mahomes unless your a racist, even if you hate the Chiefs you have to give Mahomes credit where credit is due. Im a Panthers fan not a Chiefs fan, but damn, Mahomes looks like the real deal.  Considering the awful pool of “talent” thats out there at QB, i think Mahomes is easily the next Top QB of the NFL. Brady will always be the GOAT- and this is coming from someone who cant stand Brady or the Patriots, but Mahomes looks like he is the best out there. He can scramble, he makes very good throwing decisions, is highly accurate and seems like a good leader. In the league theres only a handful of elite QBs a lot of mediocre ones and even more bad ones who are busts and their teams don't realize it. You have Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, no one else qualifies as elite. You have Lamar Jackson and Jimmy Garoppolo, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott and Deshaun Watson who are good, everyone else is basically a turd stain in terms of talent. (I don't think i forgot anyone)

Its early, but mahomes had had a few super years, isn't it safe to say he is going to be one of the best?

Oh i forgot Roethlisburger- sory Steelers fans; he is definitely one of the elites - when he is not injured.

And Russel Wilson, now im sure: everyone else stinks.

So if I decided I hate Mahomes, that instantly makes me a racist? Nah I don't hate Mahomes, I hate ignorant ******* people that make asinine assumptions and play the ******* race card. Get ******.

• Bob

The one scenario that I can see someone hating Mahomes and not being a racist ( and I suspect that you won't agree with this) is if they hate the team he plays for,yes it's kind of silly,but some fans are like that.

He might very well end his career with more passing yards, TD passes and more MVPs then Tom Brady,but I don't think he will win more than 6 Suoer Bowls and there is a strong chance that he will win less than 6.

• Joel

No. He is Patrick Mahomes. He may end up being even more successful than Brady in his career. The important difference, in my opinion, is that Mahomes is an athletic freak of nature in terms of his combined abilities. In addition, he was drafted highly by the franchise with the intent strongly being he was their future quarterback as soon as he was viable considering they had a winning starter already. 

The fact he didn't become the full time starter until his second season is testament to how capable the starter before him was. Confidence in him was high from the beginning. Brady is not that athletic freak and he's also not someone people were confident in coming out of college. He has developed into an extremely efficient quarterback and been extremely successful as well.

Hence I and many others will never connect the two. I'm excited to see what Mahomes will continue to accomplish especially in a league with other athletic QB's like Watson, Jackson, and other QB's still coming into the league.

F### Mahomo........

he's better than brady. he's frankenstien, he's got brady's brain, manning's arm, elway's intestinal fortitude and vick's legs. no qb has ever peaked as high as mahomes is right now, and only injuries could keep him from having the best career in the history of the league.

There will never be another Tom Brady. 

Tom Brady is the goat and no one will surpass his accomplishments

• Cu Tie

Actually, it depends on his work ethic during every offseason. If Patrick Mahomes continues to work hard and perform very well in practice every day, he will become an all-time great NFL quarterback in the future, just like Tom Brady.

Mahomes has the makings of a great quarterback, but he's going to his first Super Bowl. It's waaaaaaaay too premature to compare him to Tom Brady.

Mahomes is playing on a totally different level than anyone else right now. It's like the rest of us are still in 2020 and he is playing in 3020

• zap1 month agoReport

Agreed!