Why don't medical professionals use super glue to seal cuts when it is common knowledge that super glue is the best thing to seal cuts?

• Rick

I had open heart surgery 2 years ago.  My chest incision was closed with glue.

• Cogito

They already do.  It's a special medical grade glue, but it's commonly used in most hospitals.

because they can use other procedures and charge more....

• F

I thought it was invented during the Vietnam war for that very use, quickly sticking together battle field wounds rather than stitching when in a dangerous position.

Which is why , it's better at sticking your fingers together than actaully repairing things.

ever had cyanoacrylate dropped onto your hand?,,it buuurrns like hell

Common knowledge is often DEAD WRONG.

That said, there are glues that ARE used by medical professionals as 'liquid bandages' for lacerations that can be treated in that manner.

Most cuts serious enough to require professional treatment are not small enough for such treatment.

There is medical grade "super glue".  The one J&J makes is called Dermabond.

Friend they actually do use a form of super glue in surgery and in cuts I have included a picture of medical grade super glue it's the exact same chemical!

• Murzy

They use it in some surgeries.

They do. It's called "tissue adhesive".