Kishore asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Why do people dress badly at the airport? ?

I’ve seen people wearing shorts, flip flops or pajamas. I’ve been on international flights that’s 9+ hours but I still wore nice clothes. Not over the top. Just regular jeans, sneakers and a T shirt. 

Favorite Answer

When you're stuck in one spot for half a day, you want to be comfortable, I guess.  But no one dressed that way will ever get a free bump up to first class, so you sort of screw yourself out of getting lucky.

• 1 month agoReport

I wear anything from jeans and a t shirt to shorts and a t shirt, and I get upgrades all the time. 

People walk around dressed like that on a regular day in places.  Unfortunately it is "normal".  While I certainly understand and appreciate the desire to be and travel comfortably, a certain level of decorum in dress and  behavior would be nice to see.

I expect they're planning to fly somewhere. I don't know of anyone who dresses specifically to go to the airport.

• DEBS

Even the Walmart crowd can afford to fly to Florida to see their cousins/in-laws (same people?) sometimes.

• duker918
      1 month agoReport

It's not always or even usually the "walmart crowd" dressed like slobs.

I am a flight attendant , I have seen people wear suits , dressing gowns, shorts,

I personally would still wear regular jeans and a tee shirt to, if it was very long I would probably wear joggers or comfy bottoms, but I don't think I would wear pjs, or shorts..

People say their freezing half of the time due to wearing shorts on a night time flight.

I think it is just what their regular comfy clothes are, but like yourself, I wear the same as you as a passenger as you are still travelling through the airports, customs etc..