Have you ever been on a plane before or have you ever flown on a plane before?

Which is the most common one.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Both are fine .

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

If someone is on a plane now, ask, "Have you [ever] been on a plane before?"

If they are just talking about flying somewhere in the future, ask, "Have you ever been on a plane?" or "Have you ever flown?"

• 4 weeks ago

usually "flown" rather than simply "been on", but usually it makes no difference.  If you have been on a plane, the odds are very high that you were on the plane while it was flying.  However, we did take the daycare kids to the airport once so they were on a plane without actually flying, so there is a slight difference.  It is possible, although rare, to have been on a plane without flying in it.

• 4 weeks ago

I have flown in a few but never actually flown ON one before.. How do you hold on...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D1218
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Yes. Only once though. Seemed pretty overwhelmed at first but I enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks ago

I have lived in the US for 67 years. Both are correct and about as often used. But you don't have to say "before". Unless speaking to another passenger about to take off. Maybe for the first time.

• 4 weeks ago

They're about equal. Technically, "been on a plane" doesn't necessarily mean you've flown on one, but most people would understand it to mean that.

• 4 weeks ago

Before? No need to insert that word.

Have you ever flown on a plane? <—— This one.

• 4 weeks ago

Are you asking about grammar or airplanes?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I've been flying on planes since the 70's. At that time, the most common planes were the Boeing 747. Then by the 80's and 90's, the most common planes were Boeing 767. Then into the 90's and 2000's, the most common planes were Boeing 777, and Airbus A330. These are for international flights. In the domestic markets, I would say Boeing 737, and Airbus A320 are the most common.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.