Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 1 month ago

My roomate watches tv 24/7?

it's the constant noise in the living Room  if hes not at work or out drinking, hes at home watching snl or comedy shows. I dont understand it.  I guess the real reason why making this question on here is to understand if I just need to be OK with it or understand why it bothers me so much. Hes lazy too. Never cleaning up after himself and always telling me to chill out and stfu. Anyways why and how can someone sit there for 8-10 hours and even sleep with the tv on 24/7!

Maybe you should find a different roommate or try to watch a show with him

You don't say if you like him otherwise? Can you tell him that the noise from the tv keeps you up and ask him to move it into his room after 11pm? Maybe offer to let him move the tv into his room if you don't watch it or have your own. Unfortunately these things need to be determined in a roommate agreement before you move in together. How does this person support himself? Can you get out of the lease? Can you sublease? Those counters took too nice to be student housing. There should be a happy medium here somewhere. Maybe if you can both afford it, you could chip in for a maid to help clean up the messes. Messes don't usually bother messy people though. So if you're the one bothered, then it's up to you to clean it up and or just try to overlook it. As for the noise, buy ear plugs unless you can get him to agree to move into his own room. And you can further try to put those egg-crate foam mats that they sell for beds up on your wall to try to drown out the sound. Ultimately this is not a compatible roommate for you so if your name is not on the lease get out. 

find a better roomate ...

Look for another place to live.