Jod asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Do you buy your work friends a birthday present?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I bought a lady friend a vibrator for her birthday and she chipped her front teeth.  So, no more presents.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

NO...NO...NO... I tell them I DO NOT DO BIRTHDAYS, WEDDINGS, BARMITFIAS, Christmas, Baby showers, after work drinks etc... KEEP IT JUST A WORKING RELATIONS and nothing more.. 

• 4 weeks ago

Not unless they are a girl in the department I work in and we always celebrate each month. It's a small gift or a card.

If you know this person well it would be appropriate but if not, a simple 'happy birthday" will do.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No is the short answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't buy a birthday present for any work friend; and neither do any of my work friends. We might all sign a birthday card and we might chip in and buy a birthday cake that we all share during our break; but we don't give any presents. If I'm good friends with a special co-worker whom I see outside the work place, I'll buy them a small gift and give it to them when I'm with them outside the work place.

• 1 month ago

Only the females I really liked, nothing for guys.

• Nitro
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Whether or not you buy a friend a birthday present is entirely up to you and whether or not you feel close enough to the person to get them something. If the person invited you to their birthday party, then it's probably courteous to bring some type of gift.

• 1 month ago

If you associate outside of work - have been to one another's houses - sure. If not, probably not.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I never have but it would be a nice thing to do or a nice card. Especially if they are friends outside of work. Go for it!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

only if there good friends of yours

• 1 month agoReport

jod go buy a gift or buy me a gift, 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.