Jod asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Do you buy your work friends a birthday present?

I bought a lady friend a vibrator for her birthday and she chipped her front teeth.  So, no more presents.

NO...NO...NO... I tell them I DO NOT DO BIRTHDAYS, WEDDINGS, BARMITFIAS, Christmas, Baby showers, after work drinks etc... KEEP IT JUST A WORKING RELATIONS and nothing more.. 

Not unless they are a girl in the department I work in and we always celebrate each month. It's a small gift or a card.

If you know this person well it would be appropriate but if not, a simple 'happy birthday" will do.

No is the short answer.

• Edna

I don't buy a birthday present for any work friend; and neither do any of my work friends. We might all sign a birthday card and we might chip in and buy a birthday cake that we all share during our break; but we don't give any presents. If I'm good friends with a special co-worker whom I see outside the work place, I'll buy them a small gift and give it to them when I'm with them outside the work place.

Only the females I really liked, nothing for guys.

• Nitro

Whether or not you buy a friend a birthday present is entirely up to you and whether or not you feel close enough to the person to get them something. If the person invited you to their birthday party, then it's probably courteous to bring some type of gift.

If you associate outside of work - have been to one another's houses - sure. If not, probably not.

• Linda

I never have but it would be a nice thing to do or a nice card. Especially if they are friends outside of work. Go for it!

only if there good friends of yours

• 1 month agoReport

jod go buy a gift or buy me a gift,