What are some "must have" travel accessories for overseas?

Vacation time 2 weeks

Favorite Answer

Traveler's Guide, dictionary for the foreign languages you are expecting to encounter. Passport, Imodium, water purification tablets.  Local currency and a knowledge of the coinage (like 4 quarters = 1 dollar).  (You can get money exchanges at the major international airports.)  Face masks (like they wear in Asia), a knowledge of what foods to eat and not eat.  Like, don't eat the pork (African Pig virus).  Knowledge of what you can transport over country boarders and what you can't.  (Like food, fruit, items made from wheat (because of the wheat rust).  Your own toiletries.

• -

Where are you go?

Going from where to where?

As someone else stated, an adaptor.  I have one with multiple plugs, 2 USB ports, and a pigtail with an android-style plug.  I had a friend who had never been out of the country who was going on a trip to the Netherlands with hid kid's basketball team.  I lent it to him, and as it turns out, no one else brought one. He said his room was the most popular as everyone needed to charge their phones.

Another very handy "must have", is a mobile hotspot.  I paid $8 for mine, and pay $8 a day as I use it.  It's invaluable for using google maps when driving.  I also use it to read up on restaurants.  I take it on cruises too, as it's cheaper than ship wifi, and I don't have to wander around the port trying to find fee wifi.  I can put up to 6 people on it, and it's been a great thing to have when an excursion is delayed.  Everyone can surf. 

And of course, a passport and some local currency. 

• Bill B

Electrical power adaptors.