Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

I put 93 octane gas in my new Toyota Corolla even though manual says 87. What kind of benefit will I get now? ?

Besides better performance and longer lifespan what other benefits will I see with 93? 

44 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The benefit of having less money in your bank account.

• Login to reply the answers
  • hart
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

melts a hole into the pistons

• ron h
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

not   true

• 4 weeks ago

nothing, you are wasting money

• arther
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

none what so ever I've had this argument with plenty of people in the end some resort to high octane fuel is cleaner they are all full of it. Never once has any of these people proven they get more economy or anything else. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No benefit. You're wasting your money running higher octane gasoline in a motor that only needs 87 octane.

Octane ratings are the amount of inhibitor in gasoline to stop pre-ignition. 93 octane gas doesn't burn as well as 87 octane.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

NS. Gasoline Is Gasoline, it just burns Slower by a few microseconds, Higher self ignition point.

• John
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Where do you get the idea you'll get better performance? Longer lifespan?

You obviously need a tuneup not a different octane fuel.

Cars run just fine on the cheapest gas and there is no benifit from using an expensive fuel UNLESS you car is specifically designed for it.

All cars are defective anyway. Given, almost immediately upon buying a car (a hour or two usually) your car WILL die on the road.

Cars don't run on as promised because you have to buy the gas station and carry it with you along with the car. There is nothing stating that in sales literate.

Cars are nothing but a con job applied to illiterates to keep them stupid.

• 4 weeks ago

No benefit at all, most Toyotas will get at least 300,000 miles on them anyway.  They are not like American built cars, dead at 80,000 miles.

• 4 weeks ago

You'll get no advantage. In fact you could do damage to the engine because the ignition timing would be all off for that higher octane petrol. Stick with what the manual tells you.

• 4 weeks ago

You won't get any benefits.

• 4 weeks ago

You will see none.  And do not expect better performance and longer lifespan either.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.