When i buy a usb stick does it work automatically when i want to save something or do i have to activate the Usb stick first?

Favorite Answer

Just about every memory stick I've bought has come formatted and ready to be used. Unless it says otherwise, USB flash drives and memory cards come formatted straight out of the package. You'll know when you try to use it. I prefer using SanDisk USB flash drives. I just bought one and started putting music on it post-haste...that means without hesi...tation. 

• Enigma

The computer has to recognize the stick first,then you can drag and drop what ever you want to it.

It's as simple as plug and play.

• Rick

pretty much auto, all YOU have to do is tell the computer WHICH drive it is ............

• Music4 weeks agoReport

so if i wanted to save some music from this software called sibelius i could just get the file and save it on the usb stick and it will be fine