Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

When do crisis teams in England discharge you? I’m under a crisis team and tried getting discharged but they threatened to breach ?

confidentiality if they did discharge me or I see their art therapist so I saw their art therapist and told her I was self harming and told her how suicidal and shït I felt. Not sure what happens from here

They can't tell anyone except other medical and mental health professionals involved in your care. During a psychotic episode I had delusions and voices telling me that I had to murder my mother and step-father even though I didn't want to. I didn't know it but a psychiatrist phoned them and said that if they saw me in the street to call 999 as they were at risk. Any time I've been a suicide risk or severely self harmed they were told nothing, even when they asked, because of patient confidentiality. As long as you're not a danger to others they can't do anything as you're an adult. You'll soon get to learn that mental health services will just make shite up to make you do what they want. 

they might put you in the hospital if you told them that