How do I say my boyfriend is going to the baptism? ?

So the father of my child and I broke up over a year ago due to him cheating on me and physically abusing me. My ex hates me but is cordial with my boyfriend. I’ve now been in a committed relationship for 6 months and we’re very serious with each other. My 3 year old and him have a great relationship and really care about each other. My son is getting baptized this Saturday and it will be the first time I’ve seen my ex in about 7 months as the only way I communicate with my ex is through his mother. How do I word to her that my boyfriend will be here for the baptism so they can have a heads up. My boyfriend has only met her and my ex once. But he’s talked to my ex a few times on the phone but by no means are they friends, just cordial. 

Favorite Answer

You don't owe anything to anyone that you should be afraid to SPEAK UP.  

Your BF is there for support and your Ex is only there for his child.  END OF STORY.This is ABOUT the child... NOT adults.

• Foofa

If he knows you have this "serious" (after only six months...yikes!) partner he's probably expecting the guy to be there anyway. I wouldn't feel the need to make a big issue of something that just doesn't sound like it is. Surely both these guys can behave respectfully in a church and this won't turn into a Springer episode.

• Alan H

No need to say anything.

Is he paying maintenance for his child?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R54QPk1qtNw

Youtube thumbnail

A search on bathing in the blood of Jesus.