Is there a bank which offers an account which you can deposit funds into without a possibility of withdrawing for a period of time ?

There are certificates of deposit that you can set up for a fixed term (like 12 months, for instance). Almost all banks offer them.

You may open a CD account with any bank that has a set time limit. If you withdraw funds before that date you will incur a penalty.

Sounds like you are talking about an add on CD. They are out there but very rare. And you can always withdrawal, there is just a penalty. Maybe if you tell us your goal we can help more?

• Never
      1 month agoReport

You can buy many lengths of CDs. But they don't really pay much of or any premium to a savings account. Not aware of anything you can't touch.  Do you really need to spend that much?

Yes, I have an account where I must give four months notice otherwise I'd never save, I use Oak North in the UK, there must be something similar in other countries. They do accounts where you can give less notice than mine, a month, etc but I'm really rubbish at saving unless I can't get it for a long time and it's no good me buying gold or anything because I can easy cash it in. Search for notice accounts. It's a good job I can't get my private pension until at least when I'm 55, I doubt I'd leave it alone.

• I am from Australia . I hope there is a bank ☹️