The employer sound unsure whether to hire me, should I take his job offer?

The employer said there were 2 other applicants to be interviewed. That I wait until friday for the final decision. That was after she ask me when I will be available to start to work.

If she ever offer the job to me, should I take it? I do not think she likes me. She is open for other applicants. My skill is the only thing she might be interested in. But my gut says, she does not like me.

I do not feel the job offer is stable. 

Should I leave my present job for something unsure. Help. Thanks.

14 Answers

  • Jane
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Of course the employer will interview more than one applicant, and of course she is interested in your skills to do the job. These are both normal parts of recruitment, and you should know this.

    What is more important, is whether the job is a good opportunity for you, especially if you already have a job and are not under pressure to take any offer that happens to come along. If your gut feeling is that it's not the right opportunity, and you're not desperate to leave your current job, then keep looking. 

    It's important to plan your career steps- so be logical and think through how this new job will be good and help you to make progress in your career, earn more etc. Be active in searching out companies that you want to work for, and send them your resume even if they haven't advertised. If offered the job and you're still feeling wrong about it- say yes, give a later start date, research the company more and keep looking in the meantime, as you can always withdraw your application if you find something better for you.

    Good luck!

  • 8 months ago

    if they offer u a job, then take it,

    if you don't want that job, then decline it.

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    You have to decide, if she does offer you the job, but just because she is going to interview some other applicants does NOT mean she doesn't like you.

  • 8 months ago

    I would not leave your job or give notice until after you've received notification of hire fro the position you've applied to.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

    I don't think that she actually offered you the job, she said that she still has other applicants to interview.

    I would wait until she contacted you to either offer you the job or tell you that you haven't got the job.

    If you don't get the job, ask for some feedback so you know how to improve for the next interview you get.

  • 8 months ago

    She may have liked you but is open to seeing if the other candidates are better....

  • 8 months ago

    She didn't offer you the job. She has other interviews scheduled. She will choose between all the people who interview. No company only interviews one person, they then choose the best. No job is ever a sure thing.

  • 8 months ago

    Maybe she is a good professional and only wants too hire you because you do good work.

  • 8 months ago

    If she didn't like you I don't think she would offer you a job in the first place. There is nothing wrong with her telling you that there are two other applicants. If you didn't want to work there, why did you go to the interview in the first place?

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Always take the job u need the $$$

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.