Do you have to buy a high school diploma to graduate?

Hi! Long story short. I dont plan on buying the diploma from my school because I think it's a waste of my money to have it, but is it required for me to do so to graduate? 

My school gives people problems if they dont walk for graduation and I'm not doing that either, so I'd prefer not to buy it so I wont have to deal with them further to get it.

Anyways, I had a teacher tell me if I didnt buy it then I couldn't graduate. I'd just like to know if this is true! Thanks :)

• L

A student EARNS a high school diploma - NOT buy it. You will be required to buy your cap and gown but NOT the diploma.

If you look SSC Exam routine 2020 In BD. You also get many important Information.

See here https://bit.ly/38phxJz

• drip

In the USA you do not buy your diploma.  You may need to buy your cap and gown.   So that may be what your teacher was referring to,   Whether  or not a student attend the graduation ceremony, the diplomas are mailed out to students. I have never heard of it mandatory for a student to attend the graduation ceremony.

Have your parents call the school office or guidance office for some facts 

Where or earth do you live and what type of school do you attend?

In the U.S., students don't buy anything -- unless it is something like a class ring.  Your graduation is based on completing the right classes -- it has nothing to do with a piece of paper or participating in the commencement activities.  The diploma itself is really just for you.  Today, it is so easy to fake these, that they are not used to prove a person has graduated.  That information is still requested from the school where you gradated and your transcript.

Have your parents talk with the head of your school to get the details. 

Not where I have ever lived.  It is granted to you as proof of completion.  You do not have to pay for it.  You sort of already have, via the price of schooling whether that is paid by you or through public funding via taxes.

• Mamie

You graduate from high school after you complete all your courses and pass the required tests.  You don't have to attend the graduation ceremony to graduate.  You don't have to 'BUY' a diploma.  The diploma is usually given to you at the graduation ceremony, but you should be able to get it just by asking for it in the office.  

You might need the actual diploma to show to someone at some point in your life.  That is proof that you actually graduated.  So you may want to re-think whether you will take the diploma (a piece of paper).   

• Mandy

Why would you have to buy a diploma?  If you think you have to buy a diploma, are you sure that you have earned it?  Who told you have to buy a diploma from high school?  You either have the credits to have earned it to graduate or you haven’t.  Either way, you don’t pay for it.