Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Can I lose weight with Apple Cider vinegar? ?

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar to lose weight? Belly fat? Any advice on how to take it? Should I dilute it? The kind I have is “The “braggs” with the mother in it” (organic apple cider ) any tips and suggestions are welcome :) 

Update:

That’s hilarious all the “no it does nothing” lol there’s a lot of YouTube videos and online articles of it working :)

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Make nice salads with different greens and veggies with lean meats like grilled chicken and fish. Pour some ACV, a little olive oil and maybe some pepper.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

"Can I lose weight with Apple Cider vinegar?"

Some say you can lose weight with apple cider. However science has not ever been able to prove it actually works under strict scientific clinical testing. There's a lot of quackery that can be found on the internet, and YouTube, which completely lacks any scientific validity, and has even been proven as pseudo science. The claims on YouTube are AT BEST, anecdotal, as are those found on all to many websites.

If you have any doubts, then try a search, and use reliable sources such as the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic John's Hopkins Hospital, the University of Michigan, the University of Maryland, Harvard School of Medicine, the National Institute of Health, to name a few facilities that's actually used hard critical science to confirm or deny such claims. 

• 1 month ago

Right you tube being a rigorous program, people post what they think and want. But give it a try. If you cut down on calories with it, of course you lose weight

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it does nothing. Eat less and exercise. Why are you looking for shortcuts ? That's hilarious !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can find information on YouTube about apple cider vinegar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHl5Y7m1xM

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLozgrmX1PoSiZ9Q1PYrL8ldESAdWfR1ve&index=3&t=0s

However, you really need to be on a weight loss plan. If you're eating high carb and fattening foods, the apple cider vinegar isn't going to magically make you lose weight.

take care

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How? This is fermented rotten apples. The so called Mother is a lump of decaying apple flesh.

European scientists have said it cannot help anything it is not a medicine but a food flavouring.

It's a big con for the gullible.

UK.

• 1 month ago

The first thing you need to understand is that nothing you eat or drink can burn fat that is already stored in your fat cells. That's not how this works.  

The key ingredient in Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)  is acetic acid.  It can help lower blood sugar and insulin levels. When you have a lot of insulin in your blood delivering sugar to your cells, fat burning is turned off.  Lower insulin can result in your body be able to burn stored fat as fuel.

There is some research that may suggest that acetic acid can also help gene expression and appetite suppression, but there isn't compelling evidence just yet. 

ACV is often part of a comprehensive low calorie, ketogenic diet in combination with intermittent fasting. You can't drink a little ACV and continue to overeat and expect a miracle.  You want liposuction for that.

If you cut your calories, cut portion sizes, and cut out all types of sugars (dextrose, fructose, glucose lactose, maltose, and sucrose), you'll be on your way to a healthy weight with or without ACV.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/apple-cider-v...

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-proven-ways...

• 1 month ago

Nothing can target fat in a particular area. ACV isn't going to help with weight loss.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no no it can not

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you better dilute it or you'll get a rude surprise......can't endorse what I don't know of, but I do know it's great for a number of things, Hippocrates called it a cure all in his day and that was a long time age

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.