Is it normal for shoes to wear out every 3 months?

Update:

I tend to walk everywhere unless I am going to work and i am late. I have to buy a new pair of shoes every 3 months due to them wearing out.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

If you walk a lot, I think that’s normal..

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

if it happens it must be true

• 8 months ago

no.............

• LM440
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

There are many variables to be considered such as the style and composition of the shoe, the weight of the wearer, the distance traveled and the surface walked upon.  Leather soles tend to wear out quickly.  

Considering the factors, I assume most people get more than ninety days from a pair of shoes.  Consider changing styles or purchasing a more expensive style to prolong the life of your shoes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

pounding the pavement can WEAROUT   shoes  

HAVE TO  that is ones ASSESSMENT  

my perspective  is there is no NORMAL  but rather an AVERAGE or bell curve example  the doctor  does a BLOOD  test   there is not a SINGLE set number as NORMAL what is given is a RANGE  say 10,000  to 14,000 WBC

• 8 months ago

No, it isn't.  Of course, it depends on the shoe, how many miles you actually walk, and if you have more than one pair of shoes at a time.

Running shoes, for example, should last at least 300 miles.  Most decently-made leather dress shoes will last 2-5 year if wore regularly.  The sole may need replacing at 2 years -- the leather upper should last at least 5.

if your shoes are wearing out, you might want to consider the material, the make, and the cost.  It might serve you better to purchase more expensive but better made shoes. 

• JASON
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

I have many, many pairs, (too many!!!), so I just keep rotating them. Very occasionally I might get a pair resoled. But they last forever.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

If they are cheaply made shoes, yes.

Valet in Las Vegas change insoles every 3 months in good shoes which last about a year.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

no it isn't unless you treat them like garbage

• Satan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Through constant wear, sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.