should tortilla wraps be stored in refrigerator?

how should tortilla wraps be stored

Were they in the fridge in the shop?  It's a clue as to how to keep them.

• denise

Once opened'  I re-seal the bag  and keep it in the bread bin, they seem to last a week or more.

What the heck is a tortilla wrap? What do you wrap a tortilla in?

A tortilla is a form of bread. Treat it like you would treat any other bread. It should be kept in the dark to retard mold, but it does not need to be refrigerated, which just tends to dry the bread out.

• ellen1 month agoReport

Why the heck are you so rude?

• elhigh

I always stored my tortillas in the fridge, though I don't think it's actually necessary.

Yes, to retard mold.

They are like bread, made of flour (maybe corn meal depends on which kind you buy). How do you store your bread for example? Do that with the wraps.

I buy two loaves at a time through CostCo. So I freeze one loaf and use the other. You could do the same with the wraps. Freeze what you won't be using right away.

Caution do not use the microwave to unfreeze them. That will desiccate them. Just let them thaw in room temperature.

HINT: Place the frozen wraps atop the metal bottom of an upside down skillet at room temperature. That will speed up the thawing process by drawing heat from the pan's metal into the tortillas.

Freezer in a paper towel