what can't you do with windows 10 that you could do with windows 7?

i thought this would be a good question to ask because i see windows 10 is always being bashed and criticized....i thought it would also be an interesting question to ask.

so, what can't you do with windows 10, that you COULD do with windows 7?

Favorite Answer

In my case, I have a laptop that originally came with Windows 7. It came with a keyboard driver that doesn't have an update for Windows 10. Though the standard keyboard driver works partially with that keyboard, a lot of the laptop's basic functions can't be controlled through the keyboard anymore, like brightness, volume, etc. I only kept it on Windows 10 for a week before I reverted it back to Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. So I can still upgrade it back to Windows 10, but I won't ever do that anymore.

And I'm perfectly happy with Windows 10 too, as I run it on my other computer, a desktop. Just the laptop will not work properly with it.

AKAIK Majorly all things are possible

• keerok

No forced updates?

• Lv 7

disable Windows Updates, or choose which updates to run and which to ignore. i know that doesn't soind like too big a deal, but when Windows keeps forcing the same bad drivers that are causing problems with no way to stop it (which has happened with more people than you'd believe), it's rather inconvenient.

beyond that, the key complaints are not that it cannot do as much, but rather, that it tracks everything you do. Edge web browser, Cortana voice assistant, and many other key components of Windows 10, track everything you search, everything you ask, and every website you visit, and reports it all back to Microsoft. that's not very secure, and even if YOU don't mind, what if hackers find a way to intercept said data, and use it to steal peoples' identities? again, not very secure.

Spider Solitaire. 

• Enigma

Surveillance and tracking,Windows 10 is steeped in it.

• art

PRIVACY

you can have privacy from microsoft with windows 7

but windows 10 tracks everywhere you go and everything you do and sends it all back to Microsoft, you can turn some of the tracking off but some of it is built into the core of the operating system so cant be disabled

well last i heard you still can't stop windows 10 from doing it's automatic update malarky.  not a problem in 7

not without a hack anyway