Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

Afraid of Boot Camp, I think I'm going to break down and cry from the stress and yelling?! How do train myself to be mentally strong?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

The purpose of Boot Camp/Basic is to subject you to gradually increasing levels of stress...to teach you to better deal with stress.  They also strive to teach you to be a member of a team and support each other.

Of course, if you’re talking about the Air Force it’s to teach you how to cry silently and stop sucking your thumb. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

What branch is this? I did Army BCT and while it was hard it wasn’t bad everyday.

You’re not inventing the wheel. If it’s Marines they have one of the lowest attrition rates for basic training.

If you give them your all they will meet you somewhere in the middle

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you think that's hard wait until you have to see dead bodies and people getting blown up and shot to pieces!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You're either a Snowflake or you're not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

the USMC do all the Yelling just don't stand out don't Volunteer keep your Kit clean and Tidy clean under your shoes and Boots keep nails and Hair short have a shave every day without Fail and you will survive nicely

did Bootcamp RAF after WW2 did second boot camp RAAF easy

Source(s): Retired Warrant Officer served 38 years
  • 4 weeks ago

If you feel that way you are too immature to serve and shouldn't join.

• 4 weeks ago

Boot camp is designed to break you down.

Then they build you into the man they need.

• 4 weeks ago

Break down and cry. Let it out. Then cowboy up. You will see you can tolerate it. You have to want to, and it's probably not going to be as hard as you think.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You're not meant to be mentally strong they have to break you down then turn you into a soldier.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Stay away from the military. It's not for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.