James asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 months ago

Is nicotine a drug?

I have heard it is not but I wanted to make sure

Yes, Nicotine is a drug. Even, intake of excess nicotine is a poison.

Nicotine is classified as a drug, and concentrated nicotine in medical research can kill you if ingested. Worse, nicotine can cause your stomach to produce acid. Your stomach thinks you are eating or drinking and open the acid pumps in your stomach lining to flood your stomach to break-down foods and become chyme, a kinda-of soup that develops before emptying your stomach contents into your small intestines for major digestion. Concentration of nicotine was, or maybe still, was considered by the military government as an agent to use like nerve agents. I was drafted into the US Army Chemical Corps in 1960 and saw photographs of rodents and lab monkeys exposed to concentrated nicotine. At the same time in the US Army, deadly gases were sprayed from aircraft and killed grazing sheep on grass the sheep were eaten. The military also used LSD experiments to watch peoples' reaction when LSD was added to sugar cubes and eaten. I had a top-secret clearance and was forbidden by the government for 20 years from speaking about my experiences conducted in private.

harrald

• Elle

I hope to shout...  NICOTINE IS A DRUG!

Nurse

• andy

yes i believe it is

• Mark

Yes, it is, and in large enough doses, a poison.

No it's a name

It most definitely is a drug.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or extremely ignorant.

Yes. It’s a stimulant. 

Nah bro It’s not you’re good