Could I be pregnant on birth control?

I ve been on the same birth control for a year. About a week ago I started getting very light, pink/brown spotting on and off, along with some other symptoms that I don t usually get (light cramps, firmer breasts, waking up starving). Today is when I m supposed to get my period, and I did, except it s very light and mixed with a lot of clear mucus and I have pretty constant cramps. Still, the blood is bright red and based on what I ve read it seems like too much for implantation bleeding? I ll take a test in a few days to be sure, but any thoughts until then would be appreciated!

• alan P
    Favorite Answer

I'm the father of 3 children and I had never even heard of implantation bleeding until starting to read this forum.  I'm not 100% sure it isn't a myth.  The amount of blood released by a tiny egg burrowing into the wall of the uterus would be very small indeed.  I don't see any reason to think you are pregnant.  Sometimes taking the pill can make your bleeding very light or stop it completely or give you bleeding when you don't expect it.

Regular intake of BC Pills prevent any  chances of pregnancy.  Hope you are not.

Yes you could be since no method of birth control is 100% effective

No you are not in this case.

Pregnant women never have periods.

Implantation bleeding, if it happened, would be a few dots of blood, not bright red.

You are having a period.