I hated windows 10. I want to stay with XP. What can I do?

XP is the best I have ever used. I don't want Microsoft taking advantage of me by upgrading my computer and/or operating system to 10. How can I stay with XP?

I tried 10 and still hated it.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Try Linux Is A free OS

• Login to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Go back to your fantasy world using a typewriter.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Stay with it then.

• 4 weeks ago

XP works on a 32 bit system. FACTORY rebuilds are still out there and run great and really cheap. I actually bought 5 in the last month to insure I can keep using my AutoCad programs which I bought for a couple thousand bucks years ago.

Just go to amazon and type in WIN XP 32 bit computers and you will find many right from the company refurbished with warranty.. I have had no problem with any of them. 

MOST will come with FACTORY WIN XP PRO installed on it or you can use your own if you bought a valid one like I did years ago.

JUST do not try to run auto updates and that is not supported BUT you can download the updates and install them yourself or down load form another Win XP system which has them installed and install them that way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I love window 10. reason they upgrade. its mean company think for user

• 1 month ago

Try your luck with Microsoft for original XP CD :P

• 1 month ago

You don't have to worry about accidentally upgrading to Windows 10 from XP because there is no upgrade path from XP to Windows 10.

You're free to continue using XP but developers are also free to stop supporting it, as many have already done, including all the major web browsers.

Nobody is stopping you from keeping an old operating system, but don't complain if the lack of security patches results in your computer ending up getting infected or compromised somehow. You accepted those risks when you continued using XP after it was no longer supported.

• ...Show all comments
    • OR You COULD even do any of 3 things. Kive boot a linux DVD-OS  for everything online, Virtual machine Your XP for the older software UNDER the Win10 OS, or buy a $40US laptop from Craigslist for online OR older stuff.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

4 words - I still use XP.

• 1 month ago

XP was indeed good, but I like WIN7 better. So I'm hanging onto WIN7 as long as I can. There might come a time when I'll need to upgrade, but maybe by then it'll be WIN11 or 12...who knows?

I understand there is a way to get WIN10 act like WIN7. Having used both XP and WIN7, I think you'd like WIN7. Why don't you look into converting your WIN10 into a WIN7 emulator?

• 1 month ago

A year or two ago, XP was still the most popular Windows out there!  It might still be, I'm not sure. 

There are a lot of new features in 10 that I've got used to and can't do without.  But the real advantage is security.  XP is just not safe anymore, if you spend any significant time on the Internet.  If you never go on the Internet, it doesn't matter.

If you really like XP, and especially if you HATE HATE HATE Microsoft (like most people do these days) you might check out Linux.  Linux Mint and Zorin are two versions of Linux designed to look/feel/work like Windows XP/7, to make more users feel comfortable with Linux.  You will still have a learning curve, but Linux is MUCH safer than Windows XP.

• ...Show all comments
    • Just Asking
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

m8xpeyne.
      XP was, and still is the best. that is why the military still uses it, or atleast they did when Microsoft stop updating it in 2014. I have family in the military, and there was talk about suing Microsoft to force them to continue support for the military.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.