Japanese pronunciation ?

For example I will use waratte since I've noticed it recently. So I hear it pronounced warat-te when speaking, and I've always learned that the double consonant is like a brief pause. But I heard it in a couple songs sang like wara-a-te. I see those a lot with all the double consonants. Is this just something they do in music because the pause wont flow that well, or are there times when a word has a pause or a repeated vowel sound? I've just been learning double consonants as a pause, but all the music I've heard keeps putting it as a double vowel sound.

• Zirp

If you know how the word is written in Japanese, use forvo.com to figure out the pronunciation

Source(s): I don't speak Japanese
    • Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

nice answer, also, might sometimes be a different word(s) that sounds differently, or simply an adjustment for the song, depending on the context