Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

why people like actors like Kevin Costner, he seems like a really egotistical , self righteous "mach man type" like Bruce Willis?

sorry, macho man, but kind of like a "cowboy type" or "Robin hood type" or what is it about the guy, i cant stand him. i dont know why . I am not jealous of him, but he just makes my hair stand on back of my neck

Favorite Answer

Don’t know about Willis, but Costner is a Capricorn with the same birthday as mine. 

You must not be compatible with our solemn, somber vibes. 

That’s the influence of the planet Saturn. 

A lot of people don’t like us. Are put off by our seriousness.

We’ve come to accept it. 

We’re very loyal, though. To a fault. 

Doesn’t often work to our advantage. 

Costner IS an egomaniac..........in every movie role he picks.......he always plays this larger than life,  super-hero type......

The Body Guard,  he beats up a guy twice his size.....like it was nothing. 

He played  nothing less than Robin Hood...the hero,  of course. 

Waterworld......he was the guy that got the best of everyone and the only mutant on the planet. 

In the Postman.....he single handedly brings civilization back after a nuclear holocaust. ....and the corker, at the end of the film, they even erect a STATUE to him, because he's just so damn GREAT.........

In every role...........he just puts himself way up on this pedestal, and everyone is suppose to worship him. 

Oh, almost forgot...he even played  Superman's father.......Jonathan Kent, and in that movie........he heroically gives his life, to save a DOG, in a tornado, when Clark was standing right there........and could have easily saved them both,.........but he waves him off, because he doesn't want Clark  revealing his secret to the world just yet........in front of witnesses.........so he just lets the tornado kill him...... to bravely save the dog!!!!! 

Even in a SUPERMAN film......he has to   OUT-Superman,   Superman. 

His EGO is incredible. 

• Cogito

Unless you know an actor personally, in private life, it's very unfair to judge them as being egotistical or self-righteous.  

All most people see are their performances in films or on TV, and occasionally an interview.  But even when being interviewed, most actors are still giving a performance.

You have every right to dislike the public persona of some famous person but unless you really know them yourself, you can't possibly know what they're really like.

Personally, I like or dislike actors only for their acting ability and talent.  I really don't care what they're like in their private lives.

Maybe you do not like Costner, which is okay. But Costner is definitely not a macho type. You have to look at the likes of John Wayne. And Costner is not even close to Willis. Besides, they are just actors having played many different roles.

Costner has his good roles. I  think Dances with Wolves is up there as one of his best. But finding hits and misses is common with all actors/actresses. I don't know any person who has been in all amazing movies. Everyone's got their flops.  You don't have to like any particular actor/actress just because someone else does.  I don't like country music or rap, and I don't apologize. 

Costner can't act, but Willis is good. Both are just playing a part in movies. What you see in a movie is not the real person.

cause not everyone hates them

I like Costner.  I'm not a fan of Willis