What kind of things are there to do in Newland North Carolina ?

Me and my girlfriend are going to North Carolina this summer she wants to go to a town called Newland I never heard of it I don't get why she wants to go there. I think there's a waterfall or a river or beach or something she's wanting to go see. What things are there to do in Newland ? Are there any beaches that are close to there ? 

• MS

Newland is nowhere near the NC beaches.  It's over in the western mountains of NC, near the TN border.  There IS a waterfall park there.  It's nothing huge - worth seeing if you're passing through or in the area for some other reason.  But I don't think the town is worth making a vacation out of.  The area is beautiful though - you can find outdoors things to do.

• John

Not much of a girlfriend if you can't just ask her.

It's near Waterfalls Park. It's in the mountains- nowhere near the beach. Lots of outdoor activities, hiking, etc. in the Pisgah National Forest. 

you'll find out when you go there