Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 8 months ago

How do I build an app like Uber/Lyft/Tito?

Without having to pay a web design firm to do it for me? How much would it cost to build myself?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Building an app like Uber/Lyft/Tito is pretty easy if only you follow the proper steps. The first step is obviously idea validation and scoping out the market. Once you are well aware of how the popular cab service apps are working, you can move on to planning the features. For an app like Uber, you will need the basic features, such as

- Registrations, signup and profile management

- Interactive map to input the pickup and drop location

- Online app payment integration

- Booking rides instantly or for later

You can go ahead and add more features with the above ones. After feature planning you need to design the UX and start development. And if you still want to know more about how to build your Uber like app, you can easily follow this guide on the major steps of building an app

• 8 months ago

You're asking how much would it cost to build a website equivalent in complexity to a skyscraper. Good luck with that.

• 8 months ago

Equal amount. If you don't know coding than that time is also an investment.

• 8 months ago

Hi. Feel free to tweak the searchterm I used

here ... & there are a few links from the sidebar that might help too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umWABit-wbk

Youtube thumbnail

G'Luck!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It sounds like you're trying your hand at cargo cult programming.

What it will cost you, put shortly, is years of your life spent learning the various technologies required to build a basic app.

With a system like Uber's, the app on the phone is just the tip of the iceberg, even if you disregard the office and personnel costs and legal hassles and the like. In addition to the app, you need a ton of servers running the thing that actually makes the app work: the backend.

You seem to have no idea about even needing one, which is why I said you're cargo cult programming. A cargo cult is indigenous people building a fake airport out of wood in the hopes that actual planes with cargo will land there. They do this because they only saw American troops do the same basically, and don't have any idea about the bigger picture.

• 8 months ago

There's no way to know since there are a lot of factors that affect the cost. One thing is building the app, and the other thing is the infrastructure (back-end) to make your app work. This can be quite expensive depending on how complex it is and what it needs to do.

A computer science degree will most likely help (or at the very least good knowledge on building mobile apps and the systems required for it to work). The next thing is to figure out how to monetize it. How is your service different than Uber or the others? Why would someone choose your service over an established service?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Learn how to build your own app, then all you pay for is the ISP to host your site.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Well the cost depend on a number of things.

How much does it cost you to cut your fingernails? (Instead of going to a salon for a manicure?)

Typically, people who use the anonymous avatar aren't capable of answering followup questions -- which proves that they asked a fake question.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

i would ask someone thats already done it to show you how

• 8 months ago

You also need to maintain a central processor in addition to designing an app. There are probably various routines that could be put together rather than starting from scratch.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.