zeno
zeno asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 month ago

Does anyone have strong ties with the CEOs of kawasaki ? I would like a new 1991 zephyr 550 made in 2021 exactly Like a 1991 in green. Ok?

It's highly unlikely that the CEO of Kawasaki is going to build you a new '91 Zephyr 550 - but if you do manage to get them to do it, can you have them build me a new '81 CSR 650?

I am rather enamored of the 2020 Z900 though - you may want to check it out.

https://www.kawasaki.com/motorcycle/z/retro-sport/...

Retro styling - they even make a cafe model in green with a fairing.

unlikely to get Kawasaki to make 'new'- BUT a dealer may have access to new replacement engine at ware house, same for a replacement frame. Restorer might be able to put together a rebuilt engine with 'old' numbers and that will usually mean no extra emissions tests.  a new old stock that was used as a display after next model year might be available some place in country.  old model used and traded in or a estate auction sent to dealer for rebuild might be arranged. 

Just my 2-cents-

Maybe that Kawie CEO is friends with the Greeves CEO because I want a updated '69 Greeves 360 Challenger in British Racing Green.

Can you take delivery today?

• adam

yea well I want a brand new prewar 1936 Harley Davidson EL. Made in 2021 exactly as it was produced in 1936. OK?

• If you find someone, let me know, I have a wish list too. A Concours 14 tuned to ZX-14R specs, a street legal Ninja H2R, and maybe a Vulcan 1700 Voyager that weighs about 200 pounds less would do it.

donald trump will be the pope before that happens...but there are people out there who would do it for you 

• Tim D

Since an exact copy will not pass emissions regulations that is never going to happen. I am with you on the looks and simplicity of the Zephyr though – but that was just an update/theme of previous Kawasakis.

• noname4 weeks agoReport

Fed. gun laws re: manufacture of firearms only concern Interstate transfers A co in   MT and TN skirt this law by only selling within the state. Up  to the new owner to transport it out of state or resell to a non resident of those states. 

• Ian K

Yeah, all the tooling to make everything on that bike has been recycled/scrapped for over 20 years.

I would like to be 20 years old and the best hockey player in the NHL.

Looks like we're both going to be equally disappointed.