Am I allergic to my house? What's causing it?
I moved into an older house a few months ago and have been having bad reactions to it. My eyes swell and my nose hurts and I have broken out into cystic acne. I know the house is causing this somehow because the symptoms go away when I leave. And I'm not sure if this factors in but the house has a smell to it like a bad old house smell. I'm not allergic to anything I know of besides obvious irritants like dust and mold but I clean the house pretty thoroughly. Also, the house has old wooden paneling and I'm not sure if that's a factor either. I just need an answer because I've been suffering and the symptoms are intense.
The house smells like wet pet food but we have no pets or pet food. The house does have old wood paneling.