Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Can you eat refrozen ice cream? I don’t know if the shops refroze the ice cream but when I got home (10 mins) the ice cream was mushy?

And swishy and lumpy. But I froze it again and ate some. It want liquid but not solid. Am I ok? Safe? Not safe? It’s halo top

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You're fine. Of course it is ok to refreeze icecream.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

It's not going to kill you

• 4 weeks ago

I had an acquaintance who opened a 31 flavors franchise. He lost power, and all of the icecream was near liquid. He called headquarters, and they told him to close the freezer lids and let the mixture re-freeze. He followed that instruction, and the ice cream was perfect.

• 1 month ago

Three hundred seventeen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I can't see any reason why it might not be “safe” - it started off as a liquid. The problem is that it won't be very nice to eat: it's likely that it will freeze in layers with maybe a layer of hard ice at the bottom. It will also contain ice crystals.

I guess it's too late now but I suppose that you could have tried beating it with a fork or something, maybe every hour or so, as it was freezing to try to keep all the ingredients mixed togather.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

safe, It might not taste as smooth

• 1 month ago

Sure you can.  The only problem is that there may be larger ice crystals.  It will effect the texture but not safety.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.