Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 8 months ago

Can you eat refrozen ice cream? I don’t know if the shops refroze the ice cream but when I got home (10 mins) the ice cream was mushy?

And swishy and lumpy. But I froze it again and ate some. It want liquid but not solid. Am I ok? Safe? Not safe? It’s halo top

You're fine. Of course it is ok to refreeze icecream.

It's not going to kill you

I had an acquaintance who opened a 31 flavors franchise. He lost power, and all of the icecream was near liquid. He called headquarters, and they told him to close the freezer lids and let the mixture re-freeze. He followed that instruction, and the ice cream was perfect.

Three hundred seventeen.

I can't see any reason why it might not be “safe” - it started off as a liquid. The problem is that it won't be very nice to eat: it's likely that it will freeze in layers with maybe a layer of hard ice at the bottom. It will also contain ice crystals.

I guess it's too late now but I suppose that you could have tried beating it with a fork or something, maybe every hour or so, as it was freezing to try to keep all the ingredients mixed togather.

• Judy

safe, It might not taste as smooth

Sure you can.  The only problem is that there may be larger ice crystals.  It will effect the texture but not safety.