Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is it crazy to think 2020 will be the last season for several HOFers?

I think it's quite likely that Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, and Rodgers all retire after next season. Even with all the great young QB talent in the league, wouldn't that be a huge blow to the NFL?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • No because this is a sport where we are seeing players walk away from for health reasons.

Eli Manning just announced his retirement: https://nypost.com/2020/01/22/giants-eli-manning-i...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The new era of QB's is something to look forward too. Im a steelers fan and hate to see ben go but he will be in the HOF. Many people are going to stop watching the NFL because of the people leaving this year and the 2021 season. But mahomes and jackson are going to be in the HOF one day too. so people need to keep watching.

• 1 month ago

That would be wild they would all be HOF eligible the same year as well.That would be interesting

• 1 month ago

There seem to be a lot of high level players reaching the end now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not at all, I think it could be

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Brady & Rivers may retire before the 2020 season, Brees might retire after the 2020 season, I don't think the 2020 NFL season will be the last for Aaron Rodgers.

• 1 month ago

Brady, Brees and Rodgers already have shown they will be back. Brady is likely a free agent, as he is not under contract and cannot be franchise tagged. Rivers will probably either go to Tampa as a backup or retire.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A lot of players that are retiring in the next couple of years are the same ones that were kneeling for the national anthem.  I certainly won't miss those America-hating miserable clowns.

• 1 month ago

it's not crazy to think that

• 1 month ago

Well, each QB is clearly past their prime, and approaching (or already in) their forties. Why would that be a crazy assumption to make?

Brady and Rivers should retire after this season, but it seems they're both determined to go out with a whimper à la Favre and Manning. Ben will be 38 and is coming off a season-ending elbow injury, for crying out loud. Brees and Rodgers both may have one more decent year left, but it's obvious their window for a title is rapidly closing.

Would it be a blow to the league? Sure, all of them are household names. But so long as you've got guys like Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson taking over, the sport won't suffer for very long.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.