Ryan asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

If stress kills you then why do people exercise?

I believe in moving the body daily around but not in a state where you're heart is going like mad and sweating and can't breathe properly. Cardio and muscle endurance workouts are just full on stress. I think just walking or going for a skate round the park solves sedentary issues without over overexertion. When people exercise to the point of your heart racing, you put stress on the body pshyically and mentally. You're literally in flight or flight when that happens. The same symptoms as a panic attack lol so why on Earth would you think that's good for the body? Your adrenals must be shot every time you do that because the body doesn't know any better to see the difference of danger and the same signals for when you work out. Are doctors trying to kill us? My mental health is much better without exercise. 

Sorry of my spelling errors

Stress from exercising is a completely different thing than stress from getting a divorce or having some traumatic event happen in our lives.

People assume all stress is bad but this is simply not the case. There is good stress and bad stress. 

Exercise can be bad if taken to an extreme. Nobody should do intense exercise for hours a day. This doesn't mean all intense exercise is bad. I personally feel much better and less stressed after a workout and my depression worsens if I stop. Fight or flight and exercise are not the same thing. They have different effects on the body. As someone that has had panic attacks I can tell you that they are very different. Besides the fact that one has benefits and the other doesn't, the feeling is very different. Exercise feels good. Panic attacks feel like impending doom with pain. Chronic stress is what can cause adrenal fatigue. Short bursts of stress don't. 

It's funny when I stopped exercising in my teens, my heart developed a benign arrhythmia called (Respiratory sinus arrhythmia). Which basically means I have a healthy arrhythmia of the heart that is popular in kids PMSL!! I'm 30. So you might be correct in avoiding workouts will give us less stress on the heart to keep that elasticity in our hearts healthy and young. Do not stress out the thing that keeps us alive!! 

Yup! The people who Run are increasing their risk of heart disease. Runners die of cardiovascular issues. It is a fact of science. Look it up 

You can drop dead if you over exercise physically as well.. You're supposed to control your stress levels all round. You need to know your limits before folding for the day.