Does anyone know if there's a disc with lots of games on it from like the early 2000's?

My granny is really bad at using computers and she only plays one game. But she would probably play more if she knew how to get onto them. She doesn't have a clue how to use the internet so a disc would be good. I'm pretty sure i used to have that sort of thing when i was younger but i can't remember what it was called. There was a game called Blast thru on it but something like it would be fine.

Update:

She likes games like Candy crush. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Unfortunately, with the proliferation of broadband internet connections & digital distribution platforms (like Steam) being prevalent, games being released on CD / DVD-ROM has been seriously depreciated to the point that an optical drive is no longer standard equipment.

This means that games that get released to discs are either massive AAA hits (who can afford to explore physical releases) OR Considerable Shovelware (trying to exploit those who don't know better)...  A lot of those game completion discs were like 90-95% shovelware (only 5-10% of the titles are relatively good).

With that said, you could try one of two things...

A) Install a digital distribution platform (or two) -- This will serve as a launcher & game store.  If you want to further consolidate things, you could use GoG Galaxy as the base (as you can link other accounts & libraries to it).

While it makes it easier to find & play games (as well as keeping them up-to-date), it makes it easier to buy games as well... so you do have to focus on some restraint.

B) Serve as her game curator. -- While you'll be limited to a few digital stores (like Humble Bundle, GoG & Itch.io) that offer DRM-free downloads, you can create your own "games disc" (or "game drive" with the installers on a USB storage device, as they can hold more data than a optical disc nowadays) to share.

While it places more work on you, it would allow your grandmother to experience newer titles.

Hope this helps!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    • nevin0020
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Nah she only knows how to work PC, and it's not really like gaming games that she likes. It's more things like candy crush. 

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.