In your opinion, is getting a D considered as failing?

*. idk why i'm asking this, this question is just random .*

BTW, I know that D is 76-80, which is not failing. I just wanna know if you guys take a D as an F.

Favorite Answer

At my college D is 60 to 69, so for me that would be failing, especially if that class is 

part of my degree plan. I believe that one should always try getting A's or maybe a B.

It would be for me.  But then I'd have been upset with a C.

• Katie

No.  In my opinion EVERY grade between A* and G is a PASS.

ONLY U is a fail.

• Rick B

Where on earth do you live? A D is not typically 76-80.

Grading Scale

90-100 A

80-89 B

70-79 C

60-69 D

59 or Below F

• Steve

To me, it gets pretty close.

It’s not in the literal sense. But if you have high standards for yourself it can be. I’d say getting one d on a test doesn’t have to be a huge deal if you pledge yourself to getting the grade back up, and it is very doable in a semester long class with many assignments. But getting a d in a whole class sucks because it brings down your overall gpa. But then again I had a friend who kind of had a rough patch in his jr year of college and got a few ds as class grades but was hired just a year later by a huge website design company so basically my point is, don’t let it be a huge pattern that you can’t come back from and you’ll be fine. Just work on fixing it without stressing about it. 

• Expat

They’re both bad, but a D gives one point towards your GPA and an F, zero. They aren’t the same.