Job references?

can I ask my landlord for a reference for a job application?? would he still give me one or is it not considered as “professional”

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

If you worked for him, why not? If you did not work for him, then why would you list him as a reference?

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Sure you can, but what is he going to be able to tell a potential employee about your capabilities.

• I think he would be more of a personal reference then a professional one. Professional references should come from people you work with / for, or that you have previously worked with / for. If you're going to use them as a reference make sure you ask them and let them know if you're going to use them on an application.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Your landlord could give you a character reference, but not a work reference

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

A landlord is a business person so the landlord is a professional. It would be fine to use a landlord as a reference, they are getting paid which means you are reliable otherwise they wouldn't vouch for you.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You can, but he would have no idea of your work ethic.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

How long has he known you?  How can he say if you are reliable and of good character?  Not a great choice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.