i have windows 10 already,but i don't have a key code, do i have to buy one, because it keeps asking me to actvate it.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

depends if you want to put up with it rebooting, without an activation key windows 10 will do you popup reminders on ever boot and after a time will do random restarts. perhaps you should consider buying a key on ebay or amazon.

• Login to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You will need to buy an activation code, there are plenty of online retailers who will sell you an activation code

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Where did you get your installer? They should have provided you with a serial number.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes you do. Nothing much is free in this world. Certainly not from Microsoft.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron75
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Is it a new computer and was Windows 10 on it or did you change from an earlier version? If it is new then Microsoft should have the key code stored and it will activate when you go to do it. If this is a copy that you bought or got from someone than you will need to get a key code.

Ron

• Shirley4 weeks agoReport

my grandson built a computer for my wife, so one of his friends installed windows 10,so know his friend can't find the disk,to actavate it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.