Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

If we can live without knowing a single word in a foreign language, why are people learning other languages?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can live without knowing a single word in any language.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pontus
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We can live without ever watching or playing a single sport too. So why do some people play or watch sports?

Seriously, what kind of reasoning is that!

I got four jobs due to my ability to speak French and English.  I enjoy learning languages.  I am intermediate in three others.  Different ways of thinking, speaking, and writing fascinate me. 

Learning other languages strengthens your understanding of your native language.  Native speakers are not automatically experts in their native tongue.  Many of them don't why some things are the way they are, or believe wrong things. 

• Fantom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are free to speak whatever language you choose. Please allow me to likewise, exercise my linguistic choices without needless explanation. Vivre longtemps et prospérer.

• 1 month ago

Some people would like to visit other countries, and experience their culture, and wish to be able to communicate with others in those countries.

Some people do it for fun.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So we should all be speaking Chinese as that's the language that most people speak. Is that what you're saying?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.