Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

Has Britain turned into a Micky Mouse nation since WW2 ended?

Favorite Answer

Only since they started letting anyone into our country, they get more rights than we do.

As I wasn't born until a few years after WWII ended & have never been to the U.K., I can't give you a considered opinion on that.  I do know that memory is tricky:  People tend to recall & amplify what was good & to forget or nullify what was bad.

They'll recall a "golden age" that never actually existed.  

To me, it seems the U.K. has had to adapt to a new reality of being less significant on the world stage as it once was.  Part of that is due to loss of empire & loss of status as an economic power vis-a-vis other countries.  Part of it is because world population is about 3.5 X greater now than it was in 1945.  

I think the U.K. is doing rather well, all things considered.  I'm baffled by those who think it's doing so poorly or who think it could realistically do any better.  Those who hold those false beliefs will have a very rude awakening if the U.K. presses on with the completely ridiculous "Brexit".  THEN, you really will be in the septic tank.                 

• Robin

yes the last person in UK politics to have balls was Winston Churchill

Yes ! A Micky Mouse Clubhouse

• P

No, America turned up late for WW2

and Mickey Mouse was American !

• carrie

No, Britain has not turned into a Micky Mouse nation, It has had it's problems like any other country  but it is still a great place to live. 

Not as much as The USA.

It certainly currently has a joke for a president.

WW2 pretty much bankrupted Great Britain. It never recovered since.  The glory days ended 

No since great failed Brexit referendum retards got into power.

No...................