Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Should Newspapers and ALL Media be required to state what political party they support?

It seems that all news outlets, whether newspapers, magazines, or TV, etc. have a strong political allegiance.  Most of them offer their opinion rather than present the facts and let us draw our own conclusions.

I remember a time when I didn't know what political party had written an article.  They presented the information without bias and "We The People" could make our own minds up - without their interpretation or spin.

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

I don't care about their party, I can about facts and the truth. 

That would take a lot of time. I would imagine that the Americans who work in media would want to keep that information private.

No, but I'd like to see all news stories come with a "truth rating." Google talked about doing this for a while but backed off after Republican politicians threatened legal action.