Why do many US.Northerners and Southerners hate each other?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Yavan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Because half of America is trying to enter the XXIst century, while the other half seems hell-bent on keeping her culturally in the XIXnth. (If not the Middle Ages).

And this tends to follow the old Mason-Dixie line, although, of course, it's more complicated than that.

But basically, they listened to Reagan and Ayn Rand and Milton Friedman and it was a religious experience for the right in America, and then there is the caricature of Christianity that is Evangelism… all determined to suffocate modernity and rationality. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

what about this statement: Black folks can't change because white folks won't change." by maya angelou. that might be OK if if the white people were the only ones to be bigoted, and if black people are not. 

there is a lot of hate directed at all white people, by the black people, because of a few bigots. that is similar to saying "all black people are thieves"? while surely some people are thieves, not all people are thieves. nor, are black people unprejudiced. so this is not a true statement, but rather an opinion like opra whitney's, "i wish all white people would die". 

when i see politicians say, we need black reparations, as a money payment for slavery, doesn't that make more then one-thought come to mind? for instance, while the black people were freed from slavery over 150-years ago, the black people have been free and citizens of america ever since. that means they were free to have their own life and to make their own living.

there was a huge civil war in the USA, where one brother killed the other brother to free the black people from slavery. then, the brother who was winner of that "freedom" struggle, gave the black man the place of his brother whom he had killed. do you think the black man can be that "brother"?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

NOT PHILOSOPHY. Wrong forum. Question reported. FAIL. Ask in Sociology. 

• Northern, southern, eastern or western, people all across this great land and, across the globe - 'breathe in'  the hate most of humanity feels today.  :D

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not the north verse south anymore, it is the liberal elitist and their brainwashed flock. Against the hard working men and women that fil up the rest of the country. That just want to go about raising their family, supporting and improving their communities, figuring out what works and is best in their neck of the woods.

• 1 month ago

How would you feel Losing an Illegal war

• KatieC
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I don’t hate Yankees, I just don’t particularly like them. I mean, why would I? All they ever do is talk about how uneducated and racist we are. Because apparently it’s okay to generalize all southern white people but no one else. 

My main issue, though, is how they keep moving down here in droves and ruining towns. It’s not so much that they keep moving, it’s how all they do is complain about all the ways we are different from Northern states once they’re here. You come here, you adapt to our ways, not try to start changing everything. 

• 1 month ago

🥴 So not true.

Now it's East, North and South against West Coast, Southwest, Kentucky and Virginia.

1 is Trumpville. 2 is anti Trump.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because of the Civil War and the accents.

Southerners don't like yankees and Northern liberals call Southerners rednecks and stupid.

Although, you don't see Southerners moving north, do you.

Northerners are taxing themselves to death.

• bil
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Democrats hate EVERYONE. The urban 'people' are tightly 'packed' and cannot stand real people.

Source(s): Notice NY Democrats cannot stand California Democrats and vice versa.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.