Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

I have a gas stove but one burner never lights. It has that clicking ignition sound and gas comes out but i guess no spark. What to do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edd S
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    there will likely be a cone shaped, maybe light-colored thing near the igniter clean it off.  It likely has oxidized .

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

    Try using one of those long fireplace matches to see if it will ignite the gas. You light the match FIRST then turn on the gas.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Look at it in the dark to see if the spark happens from that burner's lighter like the other burners. You might only need to clean the electrode.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    What to do is go ask in the Maintenance & Repairs forum in the Home & Garden category. This is automotive (oops). 

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Light it with one of those long lighters when you need to use it.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    use a lighter, candle or match - if you can light the burner with another flame source then your igniter on that burner is failing. You can probably buy a replacement part at an appliance store or a home improvement store or through amazon.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    The ignighter is faulty. Replace it.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Call out a competent gas engineer ASAP.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Get it fixed urgently. If gas is coming out without ignition, there is a danger of a fireball occurring.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Why can’t you light it. Just get an incense stick, light it up but don’t blow out the flame. Use the flame to light the pilot. 

    If your house isn’t well ventilated, the gas is going to slowly build up and if enough gas builds up, all it takes is one little spark or flame to blow up your house. 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.