Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Are democrats setting a precedent for every president to be impeached from now on?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not really. Republicans have impeached two (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton). Democrats have impeached only one.

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

And I bet in the next question you'll be the first to claim the parties switched sides. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

What they are working up to is for The House to appoint the POTUS.

Why bother asking all those people when you know the right answer anyway?

• 1 month ago

Hopefully.  If you violate your oath of office then you'll be impeached, no matter how politically inconvenient it is for Congress.

At least some politicians and government officials take their oaths seriously and care about the country.

• Chris
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Democrats have certainly trivialized impeachment with this stunt. What azzholes.

• Sfancik
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

No, the azzholes that investigated a President for 6 years then impeached him for lying about a bl*wjob did that. At least it's not that trivial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

When they refused to go to the court to get the people to testify and then run to impeach yes.  

Former SSgt.

• Sfancik
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You think they should have impeached him for trying to cheat the next election after the next election?  Wouldn't that set the precedent that obstruction works?

• 1 month ago

No, if we survive this Republican administration I hope and pray, that there will ever be another mentally unstable, lying narcissistic sociopath with a  low IQ,  Communist Republican president, appointed by Putin ever again.  

We thought Bush/Cheney was corrupt, but this administration makes the Capone gang look like naughty schoolboys. They are doctoring,  documents, shredding documents and blocking eye witness testimony. They have a lot to hide. 

• 1 month ago

No. They have set in motion a civil war, How soon it will begin in earnest is yet to be determined.  A point of no return has already passed.  

Source(s): World and US History.
    • Sfancik
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Conservatives aren't violent remember.  They believe in the rule of law.

• Yavan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, the Republicans are setting up a precedent for a full banana republic.

Your argument is that the president is above the law. 

If this wasn't so goddamn awful, it would be hilarious. 

• 1 month ago

Yep essentially what they're saying is if the opposing party controls the House with a simple majority then it's normal for them to impeach the President simply because they don't agree with him. It's a dangerous precedent and one that will hurt our Republic

• ...Show all comments
    • Sfancik
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

No, I wouldn't. I support Biden threatening to withhold aid, with the full bipartisan backing of Congress, as opposed to behind their back, because they're (the Ukraine) not actively or effectively prosecuting corruption. I support that.  

• 1 month ago

No. Republicans are setting precedent for presidents not being held accountable for abuse of the power of the office.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.