Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Is this crawling or scooting ?

My 9 month old has just started being able to get around by lying on his stomach and pushing off with his legs. He doesn’t get too far but he can get from one end to the other on an area rug. He doesn’t really use his arms so he mostly pushes off with his legs to move. Is this more scooting or crawling 

scooting.. crawling is done on knees & hands.

Scooting. : )

One of our daughters got around by rolling over and over and over to get where she wanted to go. She didn't crawl until she was about 10 months old.

• sarah
      4 weeks agoReport

My daughter is eight months and did the rolling thing for a couple months before she perfected her "army crawl." I kinda miss it, it was hilarious, lol.

This toddler is scooting probably

That is scooting.  It is a natural step toward actually being able to crawl.  

A crawl is when they are actually on the palms of their hands (or their hands might be a fist and they use their knuckles)  and on their knees and their belly is no longer touching the ground.  

• Jill

Not quite crawling yet. 

How cute!!!!

I’d say scooting but it’s getting close! Another 4 weeks and you’ll see a crawl

• Rick

He's working on his crawl !!!!