is anyone worried about this new corona virus outbreak?

i'm in the uk and they said on the news they were prepared for it arriving here from china, it made me quite concerned....im a male in my forties.

any thoughts?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't worry too much. The possibility of death due to that virus is less than 15%. Nevertheless, washing hands with liquid soap is much effective.

• Mercy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

POst in "current events".

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Pure hype that media can chew on.

If you are otherwise a healthy individual, you are in little danger.

The majority of deaths have been elderly with pre-existing health problems and there have been few of those.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/world/asia/coro...

• Diana
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Anyone who isn't, should be.  People have already died from this virus.  

Note:  Don't forget that there have also been some fatalities from the Flu and Measles.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Someone probably is, it's supposed to be quite deadly

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

We can't say we weren't warned. But people voted for Brexit and Global Warming and they made fun of Gretha Thunderberg.

• 8 months ago

No, I remember the SARS coronavirus panic of 2002/3 worldwide there were about 1,000 deaths, every year in the UK there are up to 50,000 excess winter deaths, some caused by seasonal flu. 

• Biff
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The official risk in the UK is still "low" (up from "very low") and the death rate in China for people who have succumbed to the virus is relatively low so I am currently only a little worried. But it is early days and the virus is mutating with no vaccine available.

My family history reseach revealed that a great great uncle was one of those soldiers who survived WW1 only to die shortly after returning to the UK in the 'Spanish flu' pandemic which may also have originated in China. So I am not complacent. I was concerned about buying anything from China on eBay because there might be virus on the packaging but I've established that its life outside the body is too short.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You apparently never leave your council flat or interact with people face-to-face, so how are you going to contract the CoronaVirus? Just doing the whole "I'm worried" schtick for attention, right?

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Currently, no, I’m not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.