Why are there so many porch pirates lately ?

Seeing this trend of thieves taking amazon and fedex packages left on peoples doorsteps. Thinking it would never happened to me until some punk steals my amazon package. I could see on my home surveillance camera some guy sitting in his car waiting for the postal service to deliver my package. Then when the van drives away he gets out to steal my amazon delivery and takes off. What’s up with these parasites? 

Favorite Answer

It reflects the overall breakdown of ethics and values within our society and stems from many sources, some of which are, inability of our legal system to sentence criminals, high rates of illegal drug activity, loss of family values, poor examples set bky leaders of our government, etc. The list is endless.

• Erik

Imagine someone just following a delivery truck all day, and when the package gets dropped off, grabs it, and follows him to the next delivery.  Of course there's no money in it, just a bunch of stuff the guy probably doesn't even want (unless he's reselling it somehow).

I only buy from ebay, which means USPS, and I live in a security building.

It's 'free' merchandise. Have your stuff delivered to you at work.

Easy crime, the cops dont spend a lot of money or resources on it since its all petty.  People wont really serve much, if any, jail time.  

Because of the news coverage and that it's an easy crime.

• Satan

Well for a start, calling them 'porch pirates' makes it sound like high school jinx, when actually, the word you want to call them is 'thieves'

When I arrange for a delivery, if I know I'm not oging to be in on the day, I get it re-routed to my work address. Maybe that, or a locking container to store it in (unlocked, locks when lid dropped), or a neighbor?

• Susie

Many would rather steal than actually earn a living these days.  They were never taught work ethics, manners, respect, or to obey the law.  When the young start attacking  the elderly,  which is happening frequently,  there is something seriously wrong in society. 

• Random3 weeks agoReport

They earn a living by stealing.

Why do you think?  Duh.

• y

The left has told them for years now that what is yours, is theirs.  They are entitled to your stuff, your money.