I was stupid to fall for a "Free" AT&T iPhone 7 from Walmart.now I am in collections for almost $600.00. I would?

Won't get caught by the "but it's free!!!!" marketing trick next time.

You should have carefully read the terms and conditions of the contract before signing it during the acquisition of the phone. Remember you're legally bound by the provisions once you signed it. Any breach of the contract and you're going to have a major legal headache on your hands.  As the adage goes, "There's no such thing as a free lunch." Now you owe them money for the phone.

And just to let you know, this isn't a scam.

You were not scammed, you failed to understand the terms of the contract you signed. Not even close to the same thing.

Contracts are long and boring and difficult for many people to understand. None of that makes any difference if you sign it. Legally your signature means you read and understand the contract, and that you agree to abide by the provisions of that contract.

When you fail to uphold your end of the contract (actually pay the money you promised to pay) the results are usually not pleasant.

... read the contract before signing.

• Fuhr

...learn to pay my bills.